Tips for making this Best Ever, Super Easy Salsa
• Make a large batch with this recipe if u want, don’t worry, it will go fast. Plus, it makes a wonderful gift for friends, neighbors, etc. Just jar it up and add a bag of chips. Who wouldn’t love a surprise like that?!
• Serve with chips, on baked potatoes, eggs, chicken, shrimp, fish, in omelets and paninis or with any Mexican entreé.
• If you find yourself with extra salsa, I always create some great ideas from Leftovers
• Don’t over-process this salsa. Just pulse on and off till you get a nice chunky consistency.
• Drain the tomatoes well, but don’t throw out the juice. When you’re finished with all the steps you can add more juice back in if you like a thinner consistency.
• This salsa will keep well for 5-7 days in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container.
• I’ve found that even people who don’t care for cilantro, really enjoy this salsa. It seems that with so many other vibrantly flavored ingredients, the cilantro taste is not dominant.
2 large perfectly ripe tomatoes roasted, peeled & chopped
1/2 small red onion -sliced or cut into chunks
2 green onions (scallions) -cut into 1 inch pieces
1 big red bell pepper roasted, peeled & chopped
2 cloves garlic -grated
3/4 c fresh cilantro leaves + more to taste
1 lime -juiced
3/4 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika + more as desired
- Add the red onion, scallions, garlic and jalapeño to the bowl of a food processor. Give it a buzz or two until chopped.
- Add the tomatoes without juices, red bell pepper, spices and cilantro on top and pour in the lime juice.
- Very carefully press the pulse button a few quick times making sure you don’t over chop the salsa.
- Transfer to a bowl and taste seasonings. Add more lime and sea salt if desired. At this point you can add the reserved tomatoes juices if you are wanting a thinner consistency. If you want it even smokier make sure to add a little bit more smoked paprika and mix well.
Sent from my iPhone