Savoury dhokla cupcakes
Dhokla is a vegetarian food item that originates from the Indian state of Gujarat. It is made with a fermented batter derived from rice and split chickpeas. Dhokla can be eaten for breakfast, as a main course, as a side dish, or as a snack. This recipe you can definitely serve it as a starter to be a star of a party.
3 cups gram flour (besan)
1/2 cup diced Beetroot purée
1/2 cup blanched spinach purée
1/2 cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
Roasted cumin powder
3 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp oil
- Take 3 bowls with 1 cup gram flour in each.
- For Beetroot cupcakes : Add Beetroot purée to one bowl with gram flour and add salt and cumin powder to it. Mix everything together and add 1 tsp baking soda to the mixture but do not mix it. Put piping hot 1 tbsp oil on baking soda to activate it and give it a good whisk.
- For Spinach cupcakes : Add Spinach purée to another bowl of flour with some finely chopped onions and salt. You can add green chilli paste for spice if u like. And add baking soda the same way as I explained above.
- For Fenugreek cupcakes : Add chopped fenugreek leaves and chopped onions to the flour with some salt and green chilies if u like. Same way add the baking soda with the oil.
- Grease the cupcake tray with little oil and pour the batter till it’s filled 3/4. Do not fill whole or else it will overflow out.
- Bake it in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes on 160 degrees.
- Relish it with chutney or hummus or Muhammara or garlic dip.