- 2 cups (3/4-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cup boiling vegetable stock
- 1 (12-ounce) package sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice or other medium-grain rice
- 1/3 cup Madeira wine or dry sherry
- 1tbsp thick cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Hands-on: 25 Minutes
Total: 45 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Boil water in a deep bottom pan & add the cubes of squash in it. Cook the squash for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a deep bottom pan over medium-high heat. Add button mushrooms; sauté 12 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms brown. Add shallots, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add rice; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add reserved soaking liquid and wine; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in stock. Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat (about 4 minutes). Adjust heat to medium-high & cook 20minutes. Remove lid; stir in reserved butternut squash, cheese, salt, and pepper.