Gluten-free Millet Pancakes
Healthy gluten free snacks don’t have to be complicated or boring. When you can’t eat wheat, or even if you just want to cut down on it a bit, there are plenty of healthy snacks that are either naturally gluten free or can easily be made that way and still taste yummy, while satisfying the morning breakfast or afternoon munches or nighttime tummy rumbles. This recipe is even perfect for packing in a gluten free lunchbox. Just check out this recipe for gluten free snack.
Millet flour mini pancakes
1/2 cup jowar (white millet) flour
1/2 cup grated cucumber
2 tbsp finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
salt to taste
1 tbsp fresh yogurt (dahi)
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
oil for greasing and cooking
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 5 to 7 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Grease a non-stick pan with a little oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter like mini pancakes and spread it gently in a circular motion to make a round.
- Cook using a little oil, till they turn brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve hot immediately with green chutney (coriander dip) or tomato sauce.