Yesterday while talking to my mum, she described how as a child I adored eating coconut cookies which she often bought for me from a small local bakery near our house.. that made me so nostalgic and I couldn’t resist from baking them for my kids. And guess what they loved them too.. 😍🍪 they are really simple to make & bake… and satisfying as it’s healthy with very minimal sugar and no butter. Yes, I replaced butter with fresh cream.
1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
1/2 cup (50 grams) + 5 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
1/2 cup (113 grams)
3/4 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup (70 grams) confectioner’s sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1. Sift the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup desiccated coconut and mix well. Set aside.
2. Place cream in the bowl of your stand mixer (you can use your hand mixer or a whisk too), sift in powdered sugar, beat on low speed initially, until the powdered sugar is mixed with the cream beat until it’s all combined.
3. Add vanilla extract and continue to beat a little. Do not over beat A’s cream might turn into ghee.
4. Now switch off and add the flour and coconut mixture in 3 parts incorporating the batter into the flour. Gently bring the dough together. Do not knead.
5. Make small desired size balls and press it gently. Place cookies on a silicone mat and bake in reheated oven on 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes.