All u need is love but little chocolate now & then doesn’t harm. I have some amazing, chocolaty goodness for you today! These Brownie Cookies are for serious chocolate lovers. I call it Brookie, you can call them Brownie Cookies or Chocolate Fudge Cookies.. call them anything but don’t forget to make them, bake them and then dump them in a glass of cold milk and enjoy to the fullest.
- ½ cup All purpose flour maida
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s dark cocoa ; use the best quality )
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup softened salted butter
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbsp Milk (use just as much required to make a smooth dough. To make the recipe vegan, replace with almond or soy milk)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Add in sugar and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add half of the chocolate chips chips , butter and vanilla. Remaining half quantity choco chips we will use later.
- Mix everything well in hands gently such that they become crumbly .
- Add about 2 tbsps of milk to the crumbly mix and bring everything together to form a smooth dough .If required add 1 more tbsp .
- Chill the dough in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes so it is easier to make balls out of them. If you do not wish to chill, you can scoop the dough on the parchment paper and bake directly.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make even sized small balls and place on the parchment paper, at least 2 inches apart from each other as the brookies would spread while baking .Garnish the brookies with remaining choco chips such that they can be seen on top once baked
- Bake the brookies at 160 c for 10 minutes ONLY. The brookies may look soft and undone, don’t worry once they cool .. they will turn crispy. Alloow them to cool completely .
- Transfer the cooled brookies to an airtight container . Enjoy !!